flex-users mailing list archives

From Greg Dove <greg.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Screen DPI ANE?
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 19:52:06 GMT
I've definitely seen this issue on android devices in the past, but I also
assume it may no longer be relevant in recent years.
We had an app that classified itself as either phone or tablet based on the
7 inch threshold, with different layouts etc, but calculating that from the
flash based api was not correct for all devices about 3-4 years ago (even
allowing a calculation range for variation :6.9 inches etc)

IIRC this definitely occurred on a 7 inch amazon Kindle device at one
point, I can't remember specifics about any others, it was quite some time
ago. At the time I made a homemade ANE to deal with it, and it is still in
current use in recent builds of the same app.