flex-users mailing list archives

From Hans Nuecke <hnue...@vservu.de>
Subject out-of-memory error with AIR: are ther hard memory limits?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:22:01 GMT
Apologies for this not really Flex related question, but I'm sure there
are many experienced users around with knowledge of AIR specific topics.
So I wanted to give it a try...

When loading dozens of JPG images (compressed: ~ 2.5Mb, uncompressed ~
10Mb), my  Flex/AIR application stops with the "out of memory error"
once about 1.6Gb of memory is used (data based on Scout).

This can be reproduced.

When I reduce the cache size my app is using for images. I can avoid
that error. But since I have no control about what the users of my app
are doing, I'd like to either find a way increasing the memory; or a
clear statement (with a link if possible) that there indeed is a limit.
Also for 64 bit systems.

I run Flex 4.16 with AIR 25, but could reproduce this error with Flex
4.15 and AIR 25 also. Actually testing on a WIndows 10 64 sytem with
24GB of RAM.

If you have a suggestion for a better place posting my question, please
share (Adobe, SO, ...?)

Thanks

Hans