flex-users mailing list archives

From Weber Jan <Jan.We...@dallmeier.com>
Subject AW: out-of-memory error with AIR: are ther hard memory limits?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:29:55 GMT
Hi Hans,

for your information:
I have successfully build one of our projects with ADT using the 64Bit Beta version of AIR
and was able to have the application run with over 4.5 GB of RAM without any issues.

ADT commands:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128fc240122-8000.html

Command would look something like:

adt.bat -package -tsa none -storetype pkcs12 -keystore C:\something\cert.p12 -storepass mypassword
-target bundle c:\test\Main.air C:\sandbox\project\Main-app.xml -C C:\sandbox\project\bin-debug
Main.swf C:\sandbox\project\bin-debug\assets

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Hans Nuecke [mailto:hnuecke@vservu.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. M?rz 2017 00:35
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: out-of-memory error with AIR: are ther hard memory limits?

Thanks Josh,

just to summarize and see if I got it correctly:

  * The "AIR SDK for Flex" does not support Windows 64 Bit
  * The "AIR SDK with compiler" does support 64 Bit
  * to make use of both (Flex AND 64 Bit)
    I first run adl from the "Air SDK for Flex" package,
    and then run the adt.bat from the "AIR SDK with compiler" package

Using the adle.exe is what I always did so far.
Obviously I "only" have to learn how to use the adt tool to get the 64 bit benefit.

Did I mess or misunderstood anything?
If you have a helpful link at hand on how to use adt would be great ;-) Thanks again Hans

Mit freundlichen Gr??en / Best Regards
i.A. Jan Weber
Software Development

Contact:

Location:

Head & Accounts Office:

tel

+49 941 8700 326

Bahnhofstr. 16

Bahnhofstr. 16

fax

93047 Regensburg

93047 Regensburg

mail

Jan.Weber@dallmeier.com<mailto:Jan.Weber@dallmeier.com>

Germany

Germany

[banner]
<http://www.dallmeier.com/index.php?id=1054>

Subscribe to our Newsletter<http://www.dallmeier.com/index.php?id=322&L=1>

www.dallmeier.com<http://www.dallmeier.com/en/home.html>

Social Media<http://www.dallmeier.com/index.php?id=292&L=1>

Dallmeier electronic GmbH & Co.KG

CEO:
Registry Court:
VAT ID:
Unlimited Partner:
Registry Court:

         Dieter Dallmeier
         Amtsgericht Regensburg HRA 6827
         DE813790649
         Dallmeier GmbH
         Amtsgericht Regensburg HRB 9085

Am 30.03.2017 um 14:58 schrieb Josh Tynjala:
> Currently, Windows 64-bit support isn't available in the AIR SDK
> without a compiler. That doesn't mean you can't use it, though. You
> could compile with the Flex SDK, and then call the adt command line
> tool from the separate AIR SDK to package the AIR captive runtime app.
>
> - Josh
>
> On Mar 30, 2017 1:07 AM, "Hans Nuecke" <hnuecke@vservu.de> wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the SDK from that site (and already the new Beta that
>> came out yesterday).
>>
>> But I downloaded the "Download AIR SDK for Flex Developers for
>> Windows < https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/
>> air/pvt/AdobeAIRSDK.zip>" package. Is that a 32Bit version only?!?
>>
>> There's no option to select 32 or 64 bit versions; or did I miss anything?
>>
>> So far I ignored the "AIR SDK & Compiler" versions, since I'm making
>> use of Flex.
>>
>> I'm preferably using IntelliJ IDEA as IDE. Could I use the "SDL &
>> Compiler" version also?
>>
>> Sorry for that many stupid questions, but your remark sounds logical
>> for me (I ran into that limit with Outlook at those 32 bit times ;-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hans
>>

>> Am 30.03.2017 um 03:02 schrieb Clint M:
>>
>>> The limit you're probably hitting is a 32 bit memory limit.
>>>
>>> If you're _actually_ using AIR 25 for captive apps which is 64 bit
>>> for windows then I doubt you'll hit any memory limit.
>>>
>>> Check this page:
>>> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html
>>> and look for: Download AIR SDK & Compiler for Win 64 bit only
>>> https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air
>>> /win64SDK/AIRSDK_Compiler.zip
>>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Hans Nuecke <hnuecke@vservu.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apologies for this not really Flex related question, but I'm sure
>>> there

>> --

*Hans J. Nuecke* / Gorch-Fock-Str. 6 * 81827 Muenchen * Germany / *VservU GmbH*
Home:                           +49 (89) 45344858              office:           +49 (89)
43906 707
mobile:                        +49 (176) 56529048
private: hans@nuecke.de
<mailto:hans@nuecke.de>                 business: hnuecke@vservu.de
<mailto:hnuecke@vservu.de>
website: www.vservu.de<http://www.vservu.de> <http://vservu.de> www.megazine3.de<http://www.megazine3.de>
<http://megazine3.de>
Munich HRB 181251    Gesch?ftsf?hrer:      Hans J. N?cke      USt-Id:   DE266694113