flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Status Bar on Android Devices
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 04:02:01 GMT
I am writing an AIR app for iOS and Android.  I bought a Galaxy Tab II to do
my Android testing with, and whenever I tap on a text input so that the
keyboard shows up, the status bar showing the internet connection and
battery life at the top of the screen appears and obstructs the buttons at
the top of my screen.  I googled this scenario, and it appears the solution
for others has been to set fullScreen to true in the descriptor file.  I
have done this, but I am still having the problem, the status bar is
appearing when the keyboard shows up and obstructs my buttons.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how I can disable the status bar so that it doesn't show
up on Android?  Here is part of my descriptor file:

<initialWindow>
        <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
        <renderMode>direct</renderMode>
	<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
        <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
        <visible>true</visible>
        <softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>
</initialWindow>