flex-users mailing list archives

From Nalla Senthilnathan <Nalla.Senthilnat...@concentrix.com>
Subject FlexJS 0.7.0 install issues
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:40:07 GMT
Hello FlexJS users,

We are currently using Flex and are very interested in moving to FlexJS.

However, just installing FlexJS on Windows 7 Professional appear to be a huge challenge.

I see that there are multiple ways<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Getting+Started+With+FlexJS>
to installing FlexJS.

Here are some issues I am facing during install:

If I choose the "Use the Apache Flex SDK Installer" option and download apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.2.0-bin.exe
and double click to install, I see a small window showing the progress of install and then
nothing happens! I believe a large colorful window is supposed to popup where I choose FlexJS
from the dropdown.

If I choose the "Download the binary package and use Ant" option, after downloading, extracting
apache-flex-flexjs-0.7.0-bin.zip and then running "ant -f install.xml" I see that there are
no errors and the process completes fine. However, the generated mxmlc.jar is only 4KB in
size and so this installation is unusable.

I tried the "npm install flexjs -g" also. It errors out (timeout error) while downloading
playerglobal21_0.swc from http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/21/playerglobal21_0.swc.

When I tried the mvn option, it errors out with various pom.xml errors.

I hope someone in this group can help me installing FlexJS.

Thanks,
Nalla Senthilnathan