flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Updating a Program
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 05:16:48 GMT
IMO, Clint's suggestion is the recommended practice.  However, IIRC, some
folks have installed a shell app that loads the guts of the  app as a
module.  Then you can update the app by changing the module and there
isn't an install/upgrade, or at least, not the one you normally do with
AIR apps.

I believe there are some tricks involved around security and being
off-line, loading the module and caching locally, etc.  I just wanted you
to know that is a possibility as well.

-Alex