flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Unable to test App on iPad from Flash Builder
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 04:49:47 GMT
I updated some services in my app recently, so deleted them all and set them
up from scratch.  I did this for both the desktop AIR version and mobile AIR
version. The desktop version compiles and runs fine.  The mobile version now
will not launch on my iPad device and I am getting a very unusual error.
Right after I put in my password for the certificate, I get the following:

'Launching tabletApp' has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during: "Launching tabletApp".

If I click on Details, all I get is this:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching tabletApp".
java.lang.NullPointerException

What in the world is java.lang.NullPointerException???  That has got to be
Flash Builder issue.  The weird thing is that I can export a release build
and install it to my iPad using iTunes, but I get this weird error when
trying to deploy directly on the iPad from Flash Builder.  I googled for a
solution and saw that some people deleted the metadata folder from the
workspace when they get the NullPointerException, so I tried that and then
imported the applications from scratch to start over, but the error
persists!  Any thoughts?

Thanks!