flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 22:12:59 GMT
I should mention I'm using BlazeDS, which I'm assuming is creating connections(?).

----- Original Message -----

From: modjklist@comcast.net
To: "apache flex users" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 2:08:08 PM
Subject: Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish

In the processing of moving my Flex 4.12 web app from GlassFish 3.1.2 to Tomcat 8.5.9, I observe
the following SEVERE error in the tomcat log. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, recommend
how to address it?

06-Jan-2017 13:49:07.644 SEVERE [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
The web application [myApp] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal]
(value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@4d6e6d7b]) and a value of type [flex.messaging.io.SerializationContext]
(value [flex.messaging.io.SerializationContext@66135428]) but failed to remove it when the
web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a
probable memory leak.