flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2017 04:15:26 GMT
Anyone using Flex+BlazeDS+Tomcat?

If so, stop Tomcat ($CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh) and look at the log at $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out.

Do you see a SEVERE error for memory leak when Tomcat stops?

----- Original Message -----

From: modjklist@comcast.net
To: "apache users" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 3:22:21 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish

The Tomcat support community replied with the following. I'm thinking anyone using BlazeDS
with Tomcat should see the same issue. Anyone know how to resolve?

-------tomcat comments follow----------

If all goes well, this leak will be handled by Tomcat and your service
won't suffer for it. That said, you should fix the problem because
cleaning-up messes is wasteful if the mess wasn't necessary in the
first place.

The leak itself is coming from your application or one of the
libraries it's using. The solution will be to find and fix that leak.

I would start by asking the Apache Flex people what the
SerializationContext is for, and how to remove ThreadLocal values from
shared threads (such as those in a servlet environment).

It's possible you are using the Flex framework in a way that is not
conducive to a servlet environment, but that a few changes could make
it safer to use.