flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [Survey] Who would be interested in attending a Flex Project Summit with a focus on FlexJS at this years ApacheCon NA in Miami?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:12:45 GMT
Hi,

I would like to take this question to the user list as I think that quite some users might
not be following the develop list.

We are currently thinking of having an Apache Flex Summit on Monday prior to the main ApacheCon
Conference this May in Miami. It will definitely have a strong Focus on FlexJS and be setup
as a separate event so people can participate on both the summit and the main conference or
just one of both and not have to pay for both. An additional up-side on this joint-venture
is that it would be possible to apply for TAC (Apache Travel Assistance), if you could not
attend due to financial reasons and have the ASF eventually sponsor the trip.

This would be a great opportunity to get some real detailed training on ne new stuff we have
been working on, getting to know some of the people working hard on getting FlexJS towards
the 1.0 release and then to conquer the web development world by storm :-)

Planning such a thing involves quite a lot of work for us and the guys from the Linux Foundation,
so I would like to ask here who would be interested in attending such an event.

The costs for just the Summit would be 125$/person and we would need at least 24 people to
make this a reality.

Hope on hearing some positive responses here soon so we can get started on making this event
a reality.

Chris