flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Listen for the Originator of an Event
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 05:25:06 GMT
I have a DataGrid that has several columns, one of which contains a
RadioButton in an itemrenderer.  I need to be able to have my program react
to a selectionChange event in the datagrid.  The problem is that I need to
know whether the selectionChange event fired because a user clicked on a row
in the dataGrid, which is easy, or whether the selectionChange event fired
because a user clicked on the RadioButton, which also causes the
selectionChange event to fire.  The problem is that the SelectionChange
event is of type GridSelectionEvent.  Unlike a click event, when I look at
the target for the GridSelectionEvent when a user clicks on the RadioButton,
the target is the dataGrid, not the RadioButton. Is there an inherited
property in the event structure that can let you dig down and actually find
the click event that triggered the SelectionChange event, and therefore the
target of the click?

A little confusing, I know.  Simplified, when a user clicks on my dataGrid
which fires the SelectionChange event, I need to know whether they clicked
on a row in the dataGrid or on a RadioButton in the dataGrid from the
SelectionChange Event.