flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Scout - What does this mean?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:10:57 GMT

On 11/16/16, 10:27 PM, "OK" <post@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

>Regarding performance:
>To improve performance you want to avoid any kind of percentage
>calclulations and deep nesting of components. You also could think of
>removing embracing groups to reduce the number of components. The less the
>better.

That's for sure.  12 groups and 30 Labels per renderer is quite a bit.
I think Spark label may be slower than MX Label, although MX Label doesn't
do right-to-left text.

>At least you could replace relative positioning by absolute positioning.
>Going this way you have to set a fixed with for the itemRenderer and just
>place the Labels by using its x and y property.

If your app resizes the renderers, then before fixing widths, I would
first try removing the groups and writing ActionScript code that sizes and
positions the labels based on the width of the renderer.  IOW, you would
be essentially writing a custom layout.

If you replace bindings with a dataChange handler, that should help as
well.

HTH,
-Alex