flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Donating Spark-Material to Apache Flex (was "Spark components with Material Design")
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 15:02:53 GMT
Hi Rui,

That's great news.  Can you update the licensing in your GH repo to
reflect the change to Apache License 2.0.  Feel free to ask questions if
you have them.

I think after that, we need to verify that there isn't 3rd-party code in
your codebase, or at least identify what is 3rd party.

The next question for you is whether you want to truly donate this code to
Apache Flex.  If you do, then after we review and import the code into an
Apache repo, it would be recommended that you add some notification to
your repo that all future work is being done with at Apache.  If future
work is done at Apache, that will give you less control over what kinds of
changes are made to the code and the release process is a real process,
but on the other hand, your customers will know that your code has been
certified as ready to use in more ways than it is under GPL.  Commercial
developers can use it as well.

Thanks,
-Alex