flex-users mailing list archives

From Hans Nuecke <hnue...@vservu.de>
Subject Re: [flexjs] Help setting up flexjs project
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 15:33:15 GMT
Hi ChrisD,

thank you for all your support; I'm watching this kind of threads since
a while because I plan to start testing/using FlexJS soon.
Sounds to be a good time now. I'll have a look into the suggested
tutorials, but have a short question first:

With the "legacy" Flex (AS3, Flex, Sparc) I'm using IntelliJ IDEA, but
without Maven. Can FlexJS and Maven be used together with IntelliJ Idea
also?
I do imagine that's possible, since JS and some frameworks like jQuery,
Angular and React are supported, too.

What would be your advice on this matter? Or what is your general
suggestion for a proven development environment?

Thanks a lot and regards

Hans

Am 22.11.2016 um 12:35 schrieb Christofer Dutz:
> Hi Chris,
>
> If you are interested in the modern Maven way, I started writing down how to build with
Maven here: [1]

> If you want a short 1:50 hour video Training to get started on Maven basics. This is
here: [2]

> I also added some Maven archetypes which are like project templates. You execute a command,
answer a few questions and you get a correctly configured hello-world project which you can
immediately start working with. Unfortunately I noticed, that I haven’t written any howto
on how to use them.
> I will try to add that as soon as possilbe ☺
>
> But I posted this in an email: [3]
>
> If you don’t have FlexJS checked out, the „settings-template.xml“ I am talking
about can be downloaded from here: [4]

> Here is the command to generate an example flexjs application with maven:
>
> mvn -s {path to the settings-template.xml} archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.flex.flexjs.framework
-DarchetypeArtifactId=flexjs-application-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=0.8.0-SNAPSHOT