flex-users mailing list archives

From Vincent <vinc...@after24.net>
Subject Re: Scout - What does this mean?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:43:10 GMT
Hi,

Here is another intersting link a : http://evtimmy.com/tag/performance/
It's a talk on flex mobile performance from adobe max 2011 with Evtim
Georgiev and Steve Shongrunden (two former flex sdk developpers).
Unfortunately, the video recording is no longer available but the slides
can still be downloaded.

Even if the current item renderer of your list is not optimized, it's a
bit weird that the initialization process takes almost 3000 ms : only
the IR visible on screen are instantiated unless the useVirtualLayout
property of the list is set to false.