flex-users mailing list archives

From doug777 <doug777...@gmail.com>
Subject Calls to superclass failing
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 02:01:39 GMT
I have a strange problem with all my skins that were previously working
correctly.

This causes all sorts of problems with the components using these skins.

Whenever I need to access the skin superclass I am getting warnings. For
example:

super.updateDisplayList(unscaledWidth, unscaledHeight);

generates the warning : Call to a possibly undefined method
updateDisplayList

Tracing the problem shows me that Flex is trying to find the superclass in
my project's skins folder and not in the sdk.

Here is a simple skin that has the warning.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Skin xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" alpha.disabled="0.5">
    <fx:Metadata>[HostComponent("MainPage")]</fx:Metadata>

    <fx:Script>

    </fx:Script>

    <s:states>
        <s:State name="normal" />
        <s:State name="disabled" />
    </s:states>

    <s:Rect id="backgroundRect" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0"  >
        <s:fill>

            <s:SolidColor id="bgRectFill" color="#FFFFFF"/>
        </s:fill>
    </s:Rect>

    <s:Group id="contentGroup" width="100%" height="100%" minWidth="0"
minHeight="0" fontSize="14"/>

</s:Skin>

I guess I must have done something to cause the problem, but I can't work
out what it could be.

Can anyone give me any clue as to what might be wrong.

I am using sdk 4.15.0.

Doug