flex-users mailing list archives

From piotrz <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [flexjs] Help setting up flexjs project
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 20:31:45 GMT
Hi Hans,

I think I will have small input if we are talking about Intellij. I love
this IDE, but unfortunately JetBrains guys won't support FlexJS, but I was
able to setup my environment and use Intellij.

Actually I'm using mixed of two IDEs for coding in FlexJS. It's Intellij and
Visual Studio Code [1] for launch and debugging code.

I really recommend to use FlexJS Nightly build.
Intellij Setup - For Coding:
- I created new flash project from existing source
- I've added as an framework FlexJS, but Intellij do not recognize it fully
as an framework
- In order to have code hints you need to do some workaround - add FlexJS as
an Library in dependencies of project
- Build project using Maven through Terminal in Intellij

VS Code Setup - For Debugging:
- In order to debug in VS Code you have to install plugin [2] and follow the
instruction [3]

[1] https://goo.gl/TbZAun
[2] https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki
[3]
https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki/Debug-a-transpiled-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code-with-Google-Chrome

Maybe some day someone will find time and look into the Flex Plugin in
Intellij and add support for FlexJS. - I know that this plugin is open
sourced.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC