flex-users mailing list archives

From chrismatheson <ch...@matheson.it>
Subject [flexjs] Help setting up flexjs project
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:15:02 GMT
Hi everyone,

Im currently trying to set up a flexjs environment so we can prototype a few
things and see about porting our existing flex application over.

To be frank & honest I've been using flex framework quite happily for about
3/4 years now but the whole SDK setup etc has always been a piece of magic
I've never managed to get my head round properly. As a by product of that
our existing application is still using flex 4.6 because i simply haven't
been able to work out how to get anything else to setup correctly across two
local dev environments & CI environment.

I was wondering (hoping) someone out there with more experience might have
the time to remote pair with me for an hour or two and help me get setup.
Ive not done a session like this before so quite happy to use whatever tools
etc are suggested (i was thinking some sort of Skype setup with screen
sharing but this might not be the best) and in return I'm hoping to write up
my learning into some sort of "explain all the moving parts of flex
development" article / wiki page for the community at large.

Im GMT and have very flexible working hours so anything between 8am -> 8 pm
GMT would work for me.

otherwise id be very grateful for any other help or feedback

Cheers

Chris

Things I've currently tried:

DIY command line :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Getting+Started+with+the+Falcon+and+FalconJX+Compilers

At least get it working locally and figure out CI later:
https://nextgenactionscript.com/tutorials/intellij-idea-apache-flexjs-transpile-actionscript-setup/
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+FlexJS+with+IntelliJ+IDEA