flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Scout - What does this mean?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:56:00 GMT
I am having a bit of trouble with the custom layout, I believe because of
scaling issues related to screen DPI.  What lays out nicely in the emulator
is WAY off when loaded onto my iPad.  So I have come up with this, which
includes a scaling factor, but it feels a bit like a hack and I don't know
if it is appropriate.  For every X value that I calculate, I have to divide
it by a scale factor to adjust for screen density.  Let me know if you think
there is a better way.

var itemRendererWidth:int = renderer.width;
var scale = Capabilities.screenDPI/132;
var col1x = .15*itemRendererWidth/scale;

label1.x = col1x;
label1.text = data.address;