flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Scout - What does this mean?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:19:50 GMT
I can tell from using Scout that a large chunk of time is used doing
measuring, which I assumed was because of the calculation of sizing
everything. I chose to use groups because I found out very quickly that on
mobile, pixel densities and screen resolutions vary a lot among the large
number of devices. This causes problems because if you use an absolute
number for X or y, it may get scaled based on the pixel density of your
device leading to unexpected results. Going with percentage-based Groups
insured that everything would look right regardless of the device. I guess
the cost is performance. Tomorrow, I will try to lay everything out using
absolute positioning. I just don't know if it will turn out significantly
faster because I will still have to manually calculate the distance of all
of these elements.

So I can work on the performance issues of the renderer, but what about
these hundreds of TypeErrors? Do you see anything in my code that could be
triggering those?