flex-users mailing list archives

From OK <p...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: Scout - What does this mean?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 06:57:14 GMT
bilbosax wrote
> You are right, there are two bindings left which I will fix shortly.  But
> those two bindings would not account for the 350 TypeError Exceptions that
> are being thrown.  The TypeError Exceptions are being thrown even when I
> comment out the code that assigns values to the text properties and the
> two remaining bindings that you can see.  So if this TypeError is
> associated with a binding problem, it is not one thrown because of me
> using binding expressions.  If I take out ALL uses of variable names, I
> still get hundreds of TypeError Exceptions.

I do not understand you completely but I would try following steps:
- Make sure that your data object always contains the properties that you
access and check if the type conversions/casting do not throw errors (e.g.
address.text =  String(data.address))
- Reduce the comlexity of your item renderer, place just one label and
assign one data property and see what happens
- I don't know if this would make a difference but I notice that you use the
"dataChanged" event. Do you already tried the alternative which is
overwriting the data setter inside your ItemRenderer [1][2]?

HTH,
Olaf

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS77c1dbb1bd80d3836ecbb5ec129ec77b1e1-8000.html#WS81F79717-DDA9-4cd3-A8CC-4D384C6ED934

[2]
override public function set data(value:Object):void {
   super.data = value;
   address.text = String(data.address);
}