flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Upgrading Flash builder from 4.5 codebase to 4.7 trouble :-)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:37:46 GMT
Hi Kalaivani,

sorry for the late reply and thank you Alex for pointing me to it. I guess I was swamped with
other taks and usually emails with "Flash Builder" don't go past my brain filter ;-)

So here goes:

1. You get the Unknown Packaging error if the flexmojos plugin isn't correctly loaded or you
didn't specify "<extension>true</extension>" to it. In that case Maven simply
has no plan at what to do with a swc or swf type project.

2. Confirms my assumption I did for point 1. From reading your error post, you are using an
insanely old version of Flexmojos 4.1-beta is from 02. Nov 2011. A lot has changed since then.
If you want to go for full Apache Flex support I would suggest you replace that plugin with
the latest version:

<dependency>
    <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
    <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>7.1.0</version>
</dependency>

However this migration will not be completely painless, but rest asured that you only need
to do it once.

The thing is that the FDKs you are probably using were created by the original maintainer
of the flexmojos plugin. He wasn't allowed to continue distributing the FDKs publicly and
when I took over development of flexmojos the first thing for me to do, was create the "mavenizer"
which is now a part of Apache Flex.

This is a tool to automatically download FDKs and convert them into a mavenized form. Velo
originally didn't distinguish between Flash, Air and Flex so I changed the artifactIds and
groupIds of some of the dependencies to separate the parts more clearly.

You will have to change these coordinates to the new structure.

I wrote down some documentation on using the Mavenizer tool as well as setting up Apache Flex
builds with Flemojos

Documentation on how to use the Mavenizer:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Preparing+FDKs+for+Maven+builds

In general all the pages under this page should be interesting:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Building+Flex+applications+with+Maven

A full pom with the most important settings are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Your+first+Flex+application

Feel free to come back, if you need further assistence. And if you make sure you mention Maven
or flexmojos in the title somehow you can be sure I won't miss the thread [??]

Chris

Ho