flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Dispatch an Event "Down"???
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 01:42:14 GMT
Essentially, the problem is that I need to get the dimensions of the app, or
stage, for me to lay out my components properly.  In the View, I tried to
get the dimensions of the stage when the View creationComplete happened, but
apparently, the stage is not set at that point and I keep getting errors.
So I thought I would listen for the applicationComplete of the
ViewNavigatorApplication component, but apparently the only way to do this
is to add a listener to the stage, and I can't, again because the stage has
not been created yet when I try to add the listener.  I feel silly.