flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Photo Viewer on a Mobile Device
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 00:22:36 GMT
In addition to my datagrid, I am also going to have a section for photo
viewing in my mobile application.  On the desktop AIR version of my
application, my photo viewer is fairly simple.  I have an array of URL's
where my images are located, and I feed them as the source to a bitmapImage
component.  I have a previous and next button that manually changes the URL
to display the previous or next image.  It works really nice for a desktop
application.

But I want my Photo Viewer on the mobile device to feel more like a mobile
experience.  So I want users to be able to "swipe" images left and right and
I have a couple of questions in regards to how to make this happen.  First,
I assume that I will have to look into gestures for the swiping to happen.
But I am wondering, to make it feel really "mobile", will I have to download
all of the images and cache them so that you can slide them left and right?

My other thought was that I could use a horizontal list and build an
itemrenderer to display images in the list. Then I could use a swipe to
control the position of the list.

Any other thoughts for building a mobile photo viewer that feels "mobile"?