flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Datagrid on a Mobile Device
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 00:10:28 GMT
I will check those options out as well.  The way that the final application
played out is that I will not be downloading 50k records at a time, but
merely a maximum of 250 records at any given time.  So it is not a terribly
long record set to look at, but a fairly WIDE record set and difficult to
lay out nicely for a mobile device.

I'm curious, why does Adobe recommend not to use a datagrid on mobile?  Is
it too heavy of a component, or is there a more technical reason? Was it
only a concern on early mobile devices, but now they are more powerful, it
is less of a concern?