flex-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com>
Subject RE: FlexJS application and swf mudoles
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 05:06:25 GMT
In my particular case the MAIN Application's main function is to control which module is active
by controlling the active object in a ViewStack. The MAIN Application also displays the system
alerts i.e. Calendar reminders. The main Modules are really separate applications, as a matter
of fact for testing purposes they all have their own Top Application to load the main Module
the "controller-module", the controller-modules then loads the other submodules as required.
The 3 principle ways the Module communicate with the MAIN Application by in order of popular
use: 1. Global variables, 2. Passing values In Events 3. RemoteObjects in conjunction with
Red5. Beyond that the modules communicate directly with a Java backend via BlazeDS.

Since I work on Enterprise applications I like to at least give the "illusion" the user is
using a single screen application, that is why I also use Dojo for some of the other work
I do.

If my application HAS to become multiple separate applications (ie CRM, Calendar) I presume
a couple of ways to pass data around would via WebSockets or even BlazeDS.

That is why I was hoping to hear from someone who already had or was trying to do with I want
to try, because I'm so "confused" LOL!!

Any ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!
Carlos