flex-users mailing list archives

From <KSa...@loftware.com>
Subject RE: FlexMojos Repository Connectivity Issue
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 14:52:11 GMT
Found this article an article on StackOverflow which explains my situation, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26163697/building-maven-flex-project-with-flex-mojo-depending-on-apache-sdk-fail

FlexMojos 7.0.1 depended on Flex SDK 4.12, and the change I thought I read about was to no
longer have this dependency in 7.1.0.  I tried going down the path of upgrading to 7.1.0,
but received an error regarding resource bundles when compiling a Flex module project.

Error: Unable to resolve resource bundle "core" for locale "en_US".

I suspect this is because my Mavenizing of the 4.13 SDK artifacts never really completed,
but FlexMojos 7.0.1 would fall back to the 4.12 dependency and quietly continue OR I did see
mention of a Maven bug when processing Flex resources, which was fixed by including the threadlocaltookit-wrapper
as a dependency on the FlexMojos plugin.  Of course the latter brings me back to the respository.sonatype.org
connection failure because that is where that artifact lives.

My next course of action is to attempt to Mavenize the 4.12 and install it in my local repository.

Anybody else having a problem connecting to http://repository.sonatype.org ?

Keegan

-----Original Message-----
From: Keegan Sands [mailto:keegsands@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:15 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: FlexMojos Repository Connectivity Issue

Hi,

I am using FlexMojos 7.0.1 to compile my Apache Flex project that uses Apache Flex version
4.13.0.  Everything has been working fine for the last year and a half, but now I am running
into a connection issue when building as it tries to download some Flex artifacts from the
Sonatype repository

This call hangs for quite a while, before eventually failing.  I am able to work around it
by making the build run offline.

Downloading:
http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/org/apache/flex/compiler/4.12.1.20140427/compiler-4.12.1.20140427.pom

I remember seeing something in the FlexMojos project’s revision history mentioning some
changes in FlexMojos 7.1.0 that might have fixed something, but now I can’t seem to find
the FlexMojos source repository.  Did anything change recently that might cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keegan Sands