flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rookie ArrayCollection Question
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 06:11:28 GMT
Thanks again for the help Justin.  Have another question for you regarding
ArrayCollections.  My main app loads an ArrayCollection from a service.  I
then pass it to an ArrayCollection in a component by a simple assignment:

Comps.dataArrayCollection = compArrayCollection;

So I am setting the dataArrayCollection in my Comps component to the values
in my compArrayCollection in the main app.  What is weird though is that
whenever I change any values in the dataArrayCollection, they are also
changing back in my compArrayCollection back in the main app.  I don't want
this to happen, I want their values to be independent of one another once
the values are passed.  Is there any way to make this not happen?

Thanks,
Bill