flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject PHP Service Image Handling Advice
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 02:34:53 GMT
I have just had my first experience with PHP services in Adobe Air.  It is a
very cool feature for communicating with MySQL.  I am also working with
another server interface that is similar to a database and has a PHP
interface to communicate with it.  One of its PHP functions returns images
to a user.  The problem is, I don't know how to work with services in
AIR/FLEX that deal with images.  I don't even know if you can.  I would have
to set up a return type, and I don't know if images can be a return type.
But there is a second alternative.  The PHP function can also return a bunch
of URL strings for the location of the images instead of the actual photos.
Either way, I need these images in my AIR application.

Please let me know of any advice for retrieving these images.  Is there a
way to have PHP return images to AIR in a service, or would you just have
PHP return a bunch of URL's for the images and then go get the images in
another way?

Thanks!