flex-users mailing list archives

From kamcknig <kamck...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't get Rect to draw one way, but works another
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:51:52 GMT
I'm attempting to get a Rect to draw within my code. I have wrapped it in a
group container so as to make it a component I can drop anywhere. I've also
tried creating an MXML class with the root being Rect and I get the same
results.

If I programatically draw the rect in my main class, like so, it works just
fine. i get my rectangle with a gradient that is half the screen width and
height.

However, if i use it as a class, like so, I get just a blank white screen.

Here is my main class:

And here is the BackgroundFill class (note this is a paired down version, I
actually have it set up so they can change more than the color attributes.