flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Loading JPG bitmapdata. Something like Embed but at runtime
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:01:30 GMT
Just as a side note.

I have an application in which I have image data sent back from the server and which is dislayed.
The "source" of an Image doesn't have to be a Class, it can also be a ByteArray. I am currently
using this to display dynamically loaded image data. The cool thing is that Flex doesn't really
seem to worry about the format. I send back PNG and JPEG data as ByteArray and it just does
everything correctly [?]

Chris

________________________________
Von: CodeGirl <MichelleNicholes@yahoo.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. August 2016 22:43:14
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Loading JPG bitmapdata. Something like Embed but at runtime

Turned out to be a bug.

Got egg in my face

I had created a function called setOffset which when I created it, it was
intended for after creation settings and so in that function, I call update.

Later, as I changed how I created my 3D image, I ended up using that
function in the create process.  So after my first object, which does not
have a texture, when it ran setOffset, it also ran update but before my
loads were complete.  And so it was the update that was causing the null
reference because the complete had not ran and that update and draw had not
been run either.

I wonder how many of the loaders would have worked it I had of had that bug
fixed?

Can I just call a loader and then on complete get the bitmapdata from the
event or do I need to have a Class referencing the bitmapData and call the
Class to pass.   Similar to what the Embed is doing?

This is the class I currently have.  Is this needed?

package views
{
        import flash.display.Bitmap;
        import mx.core.FlexGlobals;

        public class LoadedImageClass extends Bitmap
        {
                public function LoadedImageClass()
                {
                        super(CustomBarnView(FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.customBarnView).bmd)
                }
        }
}