flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: TitleWindow dragged off screen
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 06:10:18 GMT
What event did you listen to for a "window end move"?

I think I've seen a mouse event come in "late", delayed by processing that Flex does off the
enterFrame and render events while the LayoutManager validates all of the components.  Similarly,
progress events, depending on how they are generated, could force updates of the window and
they could be more noticeable if the update rate is faster or slower based on what else the
player is doing.

HTH,
-Alex

From: Paul Hastings <paul.hastings@gmail.com<mailto:paul.hastings@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM
To: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>, "users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>"
<users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: TitleWindow dragged off screen

Thanks for taking a look. I'll give that a try--short term I've added a window end move listener
to the module that seems to be helping.

BTW the TitleWindow seems to get "drunk and disorderly" under a load quite often. I had an
issue from some time ago where the window's title y location would bounce up and down. The
window held a progress bar while the app did a fairly heavy init. Users thought it was a feature
so it was ignored.

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 12:22 Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>
wrote:

On 8/15/16, 9:41 PM, "Paul Hastings" <paul.hastings@gmail.com<mailto:paul.hastings@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>i suppose can workaround this with some kind of hail mary event but any
>ideas as
>to why this is happening?

I don't see anything obvious.  I looked at the base classes as well.  Have
you tried more diagnostics?  I would wonder who is setting the y value.
Maybe override the y setter and see who calls it with a crappy value.

-Alex