flex-users mailing list archives

From Clint M <cmod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LocalConnection problem in IE
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 17:57:25 GMT
IE fails because the code is working as expected... it's throwing an error
because you're calling connect twice with the same connection name.
Chrome works because calling connect twice with the same connection name is
failing silently because either:
a) LocalConnection doesn't work in chrome at all (I'm not sure of this
though.)
b) Or you need to follow the steps here to enable it in Chrome:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150908073329/https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/unsandbox-localconnection-chrome.html

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM, mark goldin <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I see. I guess my problem is that in Chrome it does create a new
> connection with the existing name but it IE it doesn't. Should I follow
> this tutorial to make it work in IE?
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20150908073329/https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/unsandbox-localconnection-chrome.html
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:22 PM Clint M <cmodien@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > didn't say that or mean that
> >
> > in one swf you call connect… while in the other swf you call send
> > you don't call connect in both swfs
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:16 AM, mark goldin <markzolotoy@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I am not getting it. Where does it say you cannot communicate between
> two
> > > flash players?

> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7c7e.html
> > > >

> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/LocalConnection.html