flex-users mailing list archives

From Deepak MS <megharajdee...@gmail.com>
Subject Flex Mobile App To Desktop App
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 05:12:13 GMT
Hi there,
We have a SQLite based flex mobile app(for iPads), which users would like
to have on their desktops and surface pro devices(for ex: Dell XPS which
runs on Windows 8). Hence I created a flex desktop application project and
released a native installer (.exe) which can be installed as an
application. Application works as expected, but only problem is the
display.

By default, the device has screenDPI of 72 and hence application takes 160
as it's default applicationDPI.

This is how it looks with default 160:
http://pasteboard.co/aogfHDLCJ.png
It covers entire screen, but its too big overall.

I changed the applicationDPI to 240 and now it shows up as expected
(smaller\scaled down components), but it doesn't cover the entire screen,
even though the application has the width and height set to 100%.
Screenshot:
http://pasteboard.co/12qHLLdhj.png

I have no idea why it's not covering entire screen. Has it got to do
anything with applicationDPI? Kindly let me know if there is something I
can try to make it cover entire screen.

Cheers!
Deepak