flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 01:35:48 GMT
Hi,

> Well, it is not quite as simple as that. If I were just updating the array,
> then yes, it would be. But I am keeping track of a count of items within a
> distance of a particular record, and averages and medians and other such
> things that have to be calculated specifically with respect to that record.

Which is also easily done, look up how to calculate a running average. Basically if you have
an average of A from N values then given one more value V the new average is (A+V)/(N+1).

But up to you if a little work is worth making it run twice as fast, as given the time come
down from hours to minutes it may be that it’s now fast enough for what you need to do?

There still a few more simpler improvements that are likely to give you speed improvements
that could be done without that change.

Thanks,
Justin