flex-users mailing list archives

From CodeGirl <MichelleNicho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Loading Multiple images
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2016 18:20:28 GMT
I knew what you were suggesting.  I know you were not offering me a job.

I thought that is what I was doing when I learned Flashbuilder.  I had just
learned EJBs and I asked around what was the latest front end app so I could
invest forward.  But just as I got efficient with Flex and Actionscript,
HTML5 came out.  This actually happened to me back in the DOS days.  But
then, it was Paradox by Borland.  Spent two years writing a base app which
Windows 95 destroyed.  People moved from DOS to Windows.  Or even the EJBs.
I almost never see jobs for EJBs but for Spring.  And I did do Spring but
didnt like it and since I was developing for free, I stayed with EJBs.

I am registered with TekSystems.

Its not the negotiation of salary.  I dont even get interviews.   And as for
salary, when I have been hired, I worked for around 96K which is pretty low
for most programmers.  At least the ones I have met.  The economy crash has
changed things.  The companies who have hired me turned out not be
programming jobs at all and instead they wanted laborers types.  Building
labs and such, which my weight became the issue.

The biggest mistake I made was that I helped out my family who used up my
savings and then left me with nothing and on my own.

I was thinking of learning Bootstrap since its the latest stuff.  I really
have not done any Javascript though I am sure its fairly easy to learn.
Just like any framework, its the nuances which are the important part.  But
time seems to have run out.  No work. no money, power going away. no
computer.  Cant learn without a computer.  And not going to learn something
like that and get paid in 30 days.  Especially without a phone or Internet.

Thanks for your help.