flex-users mailing list archives

From CodeGirl <MichelleNicho...@yahoo.com>
Subject EventListener null reference error
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 16:26:26 GMT
I have an options panel.

I have a panel which I display an image with the options from the options
panel.

The Options panel has a   Tab Navigator for different categories of Options.

In the parent of both panels, I have my event listeners for all my options.

The problem is that my event listeners for the Navigator Tabs which are not
selected keep giving me a null reference error.  Since the tab is not
selected yet, the MXML Component has not yet been created hence the null
reference error.

How do I get around this?