flex-users mailing list archives

From OK <p...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: Connect AIR to a Remote Server
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:37:16 GMT
bilbosax wrote
> Writing pho/database interfaces is beyond my skill set and I would
> definitely need a tutorial to get it done.

If you'd like to go with a REST server I could try to assist you.
If all works fine you be able to set up the complete environment in a few
minutes.
I'd recommed to install the complete setup at you local machine first.

1) Install the MEAN or LAMP stack using e.g. bitnami
https://bitnami.com/stack/lamp (MySQL)
OR
https://bitnami.com/stack/mean (MongoDB)

2) Install php composer
https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#installation-linux-unix-osx

3) Install Slim using composer
http://www.slimframework.com/docs/start/installation.html

Now you could start coding your RESTful services that coud be easiliy
consumed by your flex app.
Let me know if you would give it a try...

If you'd like to stick with ZEND_AMF wich is also fine you should check if
your Zend_Server is working
(Independent from Flex):
1) Check if your web server is up running and your PHP is working fine.
To verify it just create a simple phpinfo.php file and put it to your web
root:
File phpinfo.php:
<?php
echo phpinfo();
?>
Call this file in your web browser. You should see the phpinfo page.

2) Locate your Zend_Server gateway.php file (Most time the entry file is
called gateway.php or sometimes index.php)
Just call this gateway.php file in your browser and check if there occur any
errors.
If I remember it correctly it returns something like "Endpoint" if it works
correctly.

HTH,
Olaf