flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Connect AIR to a Remote Server
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 01:48:58 GMT
You are right in everything that you said, unfortunately, it is easier to
modify things once things are set up in Flash Builder.  The problem is, I
can't get Flash Builder to configure any of the PHP classes and objects
needed to connect to the remote database out of the box.  It appears you
have to set it up locally, and then transfer everything in the end(if I
understand it correctly).

So I found this link, and it worked for this guy.  He makes it sound like
you set up everything locally and then transfer the file structure over to
your remote server after you have everything built.  Then, you just have to
tell AIR to look for the gateway on your remote server by changing the
following:

_serviceControl.endpoint = "http://www.remote.com/gateway.php"

I will give this a try and report back what happens, but in the end, this is
probably the way to go.  Here is the link where I got this information:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2270430/using-a-remote-php-service-with-flex-flash-builder-air-application