flex-users mailing list archives

From CodeGirl <MichelleNicho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using external Projects
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:26:04 GMT
I have a flex project.  For this question we will call it checkbook
I have a second flex project.  Lets say its called office.

I want to be able to use checkbook in my office app.  But I also want to use
the checkbook on its own as well.

I was able to accomplish this by adding my checkbooks src folder in the
Source Path under Flex Build Path in the Properties of the office project.
But I also noticed that when I make changes to checkbook that they are not
reflected in office until I refresh the source of the checkbook in the
office project.

So I thought I would try to do something like what we do with jar files.
But I discovered that you can not add SWF files.  You have to add SWC files.
But this is only generated via a Flex Library Project.  Except my Project is
a Flex Project.  So I created a Flex Library project called CheckbookLibrary
and then added the src folder from my checkbook project.  Except I got
compile errors for the ValueObjects and Services in the Library project.

Surely there is a better way.  I know this is probably really easy but its
so easy I am not seeing it.  Would Someone please show me the door to this
solution?