flex-users mailing list archives

From zejuho <j.houll...@gmail.com>
Subject Datagrid sorting
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 10:50:58 GMT
Hi,

I used flex 4.14.1 Spark Datagrid with drag and drop, multi selection, ...
and had issues. One of them was the sorting on grid column value when data
is String and may be null. Indeed if i use null type for sortCompareType;
the nullCompare method reaffect the compareFunction to stringComapre as soon
as the first value are tested, why ?
So i implements SortFieldEx and GridSortFieldEx with much copy/paste code
since most of the pb code was private to test null value before Cast
String(null) which was ordering null values between M and O letters.

Since 4.15.0  are out, i was hoping that it may be fixed but actually New
Type GridSortFieldSimple and GridSortFieldComplex replace GridSortField, may
be my approach is wrong. Why nullCompare only test the first to values and
change the compareFunction, why stringCompare cast null to "null" and treat
it as a N value ?

Thanks in advance