flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 21:28:29 GMT
So, I don't think this will turn out faster because of the mechanics involved
and am only doing it to learn more about Flex, but I have taken yours and
Alex's suggestions and made adjustments so that I am only doing half of the
comparisons and storing the distance data in a sparsely populated array.  I
am then going to run through this array to do my sums, averages, medians,
etc.  I am having some trouble with the sparsely populated array.  I put a
distance number in the array and then immediately trace the array entry and
I get a nice Number with a lot of decimal places.  But when I iterate
through the sparse array to get the data back out later on, I am getting
back integer numbers that are way too big and have no decimal places.  Since
I already traced what I put into the array, I know the data is stored
properly, so it has to be the way I am trying to get it back out.  Here is
how I am iterating through the sparse array. tableArray is the sparse array
containing distance values.

for (var z:int = 0; z < length; z++) {
					for (var myProperty:String in tableArray[z]) {
						trace(z, myProperty);
					}
				}