flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 06:41:16 GMT
You just stepped outside of my academic sphere :)  Although, I did a quick
wiki scan on hashes and it sounds fascinating, but I don't know how well it
would work in this situation.  I think I would have to do a hash 38k times
if I understand it correctly.  I don't have a certain set of values that I
am looking for to create a hash.  The record that I am looking at defines
all of the values that need compared, and those values change from record to
record.  So the search characteristics are constantly changing.  But, it
could be that I simply do not understand hashes, because I just glanced at
it.  I will take a deeper look into it soon, as it seems like something I
should know to a certain degree of competency.