flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 02:04:30 GMT
What about changing datatypes, does this eat up a lot of time?  My database
has some values that are typed as string but are actually numbers.  When I
download them from the database, I assume that they are entered into the
arraycollection as strings.  In my loops, I have to do math functions on
them so I force them to a number type as such:

var a:Number = Number(myArray[1].someProp)*10;

When doing this a large number of times in big loops, will it eat up a
significant amount of time or is type conversion pretty fast?