flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 03:42:40 GMT
> Are you using ObjectProxies or a bindable named class?

Yes, I am using ObjectProxies.  I found this little bit of code that allowed
me to convert all of my objects to object proxies so that my itemrenderers
would see the data as bindable.  I was getting a lot of silent errors, and
this cleared them up.

for(var s:Object in mainArrayCollection)
				{
					proxyArray[s] = new ObjectProxy(mainArrayCollection[s]);
				}
				mainArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection(proxyArray);

I truly don't know how to make a bindable class of my own.

I am in the process of converting my arraycollection to an array and seeing
how that improves my performance.  As Gary posted earlier, do you think it
would be even better if I transferred the data to Vectors?