flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: IDE Dilemma
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 22:39:07 GMT
Hi Joe,

well IntelliJ has the big benefit, that they open-sourced the Flex plugin and at least we
can add patches, that the Jetbrains guys are happy to test and integrate. I still am betting
quite a bit on IntelliJ, but for me personally Flash Builder is indeed dead.

And who knows, if FlexJS gains more traction, perhaps the Jetbrains guys might even start
pushing support again.

Chris

________________________________
Von: pwave <joe@kalenconnect.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. Juli 2016 23:40:40
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: IDE Dilemma

Ok, just upgraded our company Mac OS X to El Capitan, and Flash Builder
compiles are dramatically slowed - what took 20 seconds now takes four
minutes. I contacted Adobe, and they basically said they don't provide
support on Flash Builder past OS X 10.8. I'm assuming this means Flash
Builder is dead.

If I switch to IntelliJ, the problem is they don't capture breakpoints on
multithreaded applications. In speaking with JetBrains, they indicate they
are not putting resources on Flex projects, even FlexJS.

What IDEs are people using that work with large multi threaded projects? Are
you keeping the OS at Windows 8 or OS X 10.8? Or do you have some other
solution?

Thanks!