flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: My AIR Release Build doesn't work
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2016 05:46:18 GMT
IIRC, in production, you won't see uncaught exceptions popup like when
using AIR Debug Launcher (adl) or Flash Builder.  If there is an
exception, all code that was supposed to run after that exception in that
frame is not executed, which could mean that PopUps won't show up.

I would add an UncaughtErrorEvent handler to your app and have it output
something to the screen or maybe open a file and output to that file.
Often, when code doesn't run in production, it is a
configuration/resources issue where some asset isn't deployed with the app
or some server URL you are trying to access isn't set properly.
Firewall/security utilities might also block network access to your app.

HTH,
-Alex