flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Why are Spark Datagrid headers sorting my data so slowly in Air?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 01:59:10 GMT
Hi,

> I am using Apache Flex 4.15.0 and AIR 20.0

Have you tried using Scout? I find that give a much clearer picture of where the time is being
spent.

From a quick look it looks like ObjectUtil.getValue/getSortValueField is taking up a lot of
the time (25%). You may want to sort of the self time column to see is anything is taking
more time.

What do you have in the ArrayCollection that you are sorting/filtering?

Form a quick look the way getSortValueField is calling getValue it looks rather inefficient
for a simple case as it would be creating and throwing away a large number of arrays, also
if you have a formatter defined for the column that going to be called a large number of times.

This code was changed to support complex fields [1] so it may be (but I’ve not looked into
it) that a performance issue has been introduced for a simple case. You may want to double
check by testing the performance with 4.14 SDK (which is missing this support) and see if
there a difference.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34852