flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Workers and Speed
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 04:54:37 GMT
HaHa!  I don't even know what a script timeout is LOL.  So I have an
arraycollection that currently has about 38k records with a ton of data in
each record, and the number of records grows by about 900 every day.  I set
up two nested For loops that compare every record with every other record in
the arraycollection.  About 10 math intensive conditional If statements have
to be passed to determine if it is appropriate for one record to be compared
to another, and if all conditions are met, then a bunch of trig type math is
executed.  So the code kind of looks like this:

for (length of array collection = 38k)
  for (length of array collection = 38k)
    if condition one is met
      if condition two is met
        if condition three is met
          if condition four is met
            if condition five is met
              if condition six is met
                if condition seven is met
                  if condition eight is met
                    if condition nine is met
                      if condition ten is met
                        [Do a whole lot of trig calculations]

So my thinking is that I could send the arraycollection to each of four
workers to do this same process one one quarter of the data each and when
they are all complete, the arraycollections could be added back together.
So it is non-stop looping with a lot of math done inside.  Do you think that
having four processes working simultaneously could speed up the processing
time in this case?