flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Speed of Deployed AIR Application
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 00:02:23 GMT
Just a question out of curiosity.  The app that I just finished does some
SERIOUS number crunching.  When I was developing the application in Flash
Builder, it would chew on the data set for about 3-4 hours, so during
testing I would run it while I was sleeping.  I exported a release build and
installed it, and when I processed the numbers this time, it finished in
less than an hour.  So one of two things must be true. Either (1) my install
version has more errors in it and I need to do some more testing or (2) the
installed version of an AIR app runs MUCH faster than the one inside of
Flash Builder.  So the question is, are installed AIR applications faster
than the ones that run when using Flash Builder?